The 10 Commandments for Construction Project Managers:
- I shall not do any work without a signed contract.
- I will read and understand the contract document so that I know each party’s’ obligations in terms of the contract. I will ensure that we operate in accordance with this contract.
- I will prepare a construction schedule which takes into account restrictions imposed by the client, the available resources, access dates to the work areas, the available information and the normally expected weather conditions. I will ensure this construction schedule is approved in writing by the client and that the construction team understands and follows the schedule. Progress against the schedule will be regularly updated and any slippage will be investigated and caught-up.
- I will plan the project before starting work. This planning includes selecting the appropriate construction methods, organizing the required resources and ordering all construction materials.
- I won’t start work before all permits and permissions are in place, or before all known services and utility lines and pipes have been located, clearly marked, and protected or made safe.
- .....Continue Reading.......
Please share this post
To read more about the author’s books and find out where you can purchase them visit the pages on this website by clicking the links below:
'Successful Construction Project Management: The Practical Guide'
'Building a Successful Construction Company: The Practical Guide'
'Construction Claims: A Short Guide for Contractors'
'Construction Project Management: Tips and Insights'
'Construction Book reviews'
To read more about the author visit the page 'Paul Netscher'
Want to contact Paul Netscher please enter your details on 'Contacts'
Find out how Paul Netscher can help you
Order your books from Amazon
Order your books from Amazon UK
© 2017 This article is not to be reproduced for commercial purposes without written permission from the author.