- pays on time
- pays in full
- acknowledges when they have made changes or caused delays and is fair in the way they assess the impacts of these changes
- responds timeously to requests for information
- appoints a knowledgeable and competent project team
- has additional work or projects
- knows what they want and articulates it clearly
- monitors quality in a consistent manner as the project proceeds and gives clear direction as to what is expected
- adjudicates tenders fairly, awarding contracts not based solely on price, but rather on the competence of the contractor
- is well prepared, providing access, information, permits, services, utilities and client provided materials on time
- is not involved in illegal activities
- provides clear and complete information for tender purposes
A good client is one that:
Copyright 2016 - The attached articles cannot be reproduced for commercial purposes without the consent of the author.
The opinions expressed in the attached articles are those of the writer. It should be noted that projects are varied and different laws and restrictions apply which depend on the location of the contractor and the project. It's important that the reader uses the supplied information taking cognisance of their particular circumstances. The writer assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss of any kind arising from the reader using the information or advice contained herein.
"I have what I consider some of the best books on construction management."
Books are available from:
Other retail stores
Available in paperback or on Kindle
"28 YEARS OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS AND BUILDING SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES"