Construction projects should have regular meetings between the client and the contractor which are minuted with a true record of what was discussed.
The contractor's Project Manager should:
1. go to these meetings well prepared with the information requested from the previous meeting, if not already provided previously
2. ensure that the minutes are a fair reflection of the meeting and are accurate
3. have a list of points that need to be discussed and raise these under the correct sections in the meeting
4. take notes of items that need to be actioned
5. close out items in the minutes as soon as possible
6. immediately on returning to the office action items raised in the meeting
7. ensure that the meeting agenda covers items such as; access, information required, outstanding drawings, variations, drawing approvals, delays, progress, other problems or concerns and payments
Documents That Will Make Your Construction Variation Claim Successful
Paul Netscher has written several easy to read books for owners, contractors, construction managers, construction supervisors and foremen. They cover all aspects of construction management and are filled with tips and insights.
Visit to read more.
The books are available in paper and ebook from most online stores including Amazon.
© 2022 This article is not to be reproduced for commercial purposes without written permission from the author.
construction management construction project management
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Copyright 2016 - The attached articles cannot be reproduced for commercial purposes without the consent of the author.
The opinions expressed in the attached articles are those of the writer. It should be noted that projects are varied and different laws and restrictions apply which depend on the location of the contractor and the project. It's important that the reader uses the supplied information taking cognisance of their particular circumstances. The writer assumes no responsibility or liability for any loss of any kind arising from the reader using the information or advice contained herein.
"I have what I consider some of the best books on construction management."
Books are available from:
Other retail stores
Available in paperback or on Kindle
"28 YEARS OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE, DEVELOPING SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS AND BUILDING SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION COMPANIES"